After you’ve added your friends to your contact list, it’s easy to manage the contacts. This FAQ will show you how to search for a contact in your contact list, how to view your contacts in the lists and how to block or remove a contact.
Learn more about searching for and adding a contact.
Learn how to add contacts that were suggested to you.
To block or remove a contact:
- To find the contact you want to remove or block, use the Search function at the top of the screen and enter their name, Skype Name, email address, or phone number. Alternatively, use the Contacts tab or the Recent tab to find the contact there.
- From the left, tap on the contact you'd like to remove or block and click on their name on the top right. A drop down menu will appear, tap View profile.
- In the profile view, you can select to Block or Remove the contact. You may need to scroll down to select it.
You can also block and remove contacts that were suggested to you. To unblock a contact, follow the steps above, but choose unblock instead of block.
To change display names
A display name is the name you choose for your friends that you'll see in your contact list when you call or instant message them. This only changes their name in your Skype, not theirs. Your friends can also change the way your name is displayed in their contact list.
- Go to your contacts tab, and select the contact you want to update.
- Tap the conversation header, and then tap View profile.
- Tap on the contact name, and then type the new name you want to use.
- Tap the checkmark in the top right corner to save.