How do I manage my contacts in Skype for iPhone?
After you’ve added your friends to your contact list, it’s easy to manage the contacts. This FAQ will show you how to search for a contact in your contact list, how to view your contacts in the lists and how to block or remove a contact..
Learn more about searching for and adding a contact.
Learn how to add contacts that were suggested to you.
To block or remove a contact:
- Find the contact you want to block (using the Search function at the top of the screen).
- Tap the contact's name at the top of the screen.
- In the drop-down menu, tap View profile. In the profile view you can select either Block or Remove contact. You may need to scroll down to see it.
You can also block and remove contacts that were suggested to you. To unblock a contact, follow the steps above, but choose unblock instead of block.
To change display names
A display name is the name you choose for your friends that you'll see in your contact list when you call or instant message them. This only changes their name in your Skype, not theirs. Your friends can also change the way your name is displayed in their contact list.
- Go to your contacts tab, and select the contact you want to update.
- Tap the conversation header, and then tap View profile.
- Tap on the contact name, and then type the new name you want to use.
- Tap the checkmark in the top right corner to save.