This article is also available for:
How do I send and receive video messages in Skype for Windows desktop?
With the latest version of Skype for Windows desktop, you can record your video messages and send them to your friends on Skype to share your life’s moments with them. Sending and receiving video messages is completely free.
The following questions and answers will help you get started with video messaging in Skype for Windows desktop:
- What do I need to record and send video messages with Skype for Windows desktop?
- How do I record and send video messages with Skype for Windows desktop?
- How do I view received video messages in Skype for Windows desktop?
- How do I delete my video messages?
- Where do I find video messages I’ve sent or received previously?
To record and send video messages, you need a webcam and the latest version of Skype for Windows desktop on Windows 7 or higher.
You can record up to three minutes of video per message.
It’s easy to record and send a video message to your friends on Skype:
You can send video messages to both your online and offline contacts.
A. Show or hide contacts.
B. Cancel recording.
C. Start or stop recording.
D. Send a video message.
E. View or exit full screen mode.
You can also send a video message to your contact when they’re not answering your call. Simply click the Send video message link in the conversation window.
- Sign in to Skype.
- Under Contacts, right-click the contact you’d like to send a video message to.
- Then select Send Video Message.
- The record screen appears.
- After recoding your video message, you can preview your video by clicking the video window. Then click to send it. To re-record or delete your video message, click X.
- Wait till the sending is completed in the conversation window.
You can only send a video message to one contact at a time. You can’t send a video message to a group conversation.
To view the received video messages, first make sure you’re using the latest version of Skype for Windows desktop.
The video message you’ve received appears in your Recent conversations. Simply click the video to play it in the conversation window.
You can receive a video message even if the contact that has sent it to you is offline.
If you’re using an earlier version of Skype, you’ll receive a link and a code. To view the video message you’ve received, simply click the link and enter the code on the webpage that opens in your internet browser.
After viewing your received video message, you can click to get back to the conversation window or click to reply with a video message.
You can’t delete the video messages that you’ve already sent to your contacts. You can only cancel the video messages you’ve recorded before sending them.
If you believe that you’ve received a nuisance video message and want us to delete it, contact Skype Customer Service.
Learn how to block and report nuisance contacts in Skype for Windows desktop.
To find the video messages you’ve sent or received, check the conversation history that you’ve had with the contact.
To share your video message experience, visit the Skype Community.