Calling mobiles and landlines with Skype for Android
Have you downloaded Skype and joined us? Then you’re ready to get calling.
Make low cost calls to mobiles and landlines with Skype for Android phones and tablets. All you need is a little Skype Credit or a subscription.
To call a number using the dial pad
If your contact doesn’t have a phone number saved in their profile, or when you want to call someone who’s not in your contact list, you simply use the dial pad to enter a phone number.
- Sign in to Skype.
- In the top tab bar tap the right-most Phone tab.
- Tap the circular Dialer button in the bottom right of the screen.
- Select the country you’re calling to from the menu.
- Using the dial pad, enter a phone number along with the correct area code. You can also enter the country code manually.
- Tap the blue call button.
To call a contact on their mobile or landline
If a contact has a phone number attached to their profile, or if you have added a number to a contact, then it’s easy to call them when they’re not on Skype.
To call a Skype contact’s mobile or landline:
Sign in to Skype.
Using the People tab or Search, tap the contact you want to call.
After selecting the contact, tap the call button in the top right-hand corner.
Select the number you want to call.
If these options are not available, it means the contact doesn’t have a landline or mobile number attached to their profile. To call them, enter their number using the dial pad, or make a Skype call.