This article is also available for:
Adding contacts in Skype 4 for Android phones
It's easy to find your friends who are using Skype and add them to your contacts. When you’ve added your friends, you can call, video call and instant message them on Skype, for free.
You can also add your friends who are not using Skype to your Skype contact list, and call them on their mobile or landline via Skype. You’ll only need a little Skype Credit or a subscription to call mobiles and landlines.
Adding Skype contacts:
It’s easy to add a Skype contact in Skype for Android just like it is on your computer.
- Sign in to Skype.
- Press the phone’s menu button or tap the menu icon , then tap Add people.
- Type in a contact’s name, Skype Name, email address or phone number and press enter on your keypad or tap the magnifying glass symbol.
- Select the contact you want to add from the search results and tap the add contact icon or select Connect on Skype.
- Write something as the contact request message to introduce yourself if you want, and tap the confirmation icon .
The person is added to your contact list, but will appear offline until they accept your request. After they’ve accepted your request, you can see when they’re online and make free voice and video calls with them.
If you’re using your Microsoft Account to sign into Skype (or you’ve linked your Skype and Microsoft Accounts), you’ll see your email contacts on your Skype contact list, and can then easily add them to your Skype contacts.
Adding mobile and landline numbers:
You can add a mobile or landline number to your Skype contact list, so you can reach your friends even when they’re not on Skype:
- Sign in to Skype.
- Press the phone’s menu button or tap the menu icon and select Add number.
- Enter the contact’s name and mobile or landline number. You can select the international dialing code by tapping the country. This will open a dropdown list with all international dialing codes. You can also select the phone number type.
Learn how to manage your contacts in Skype 4 for Android phones.