If you’re having problems connecting to a Skype WiFi hotspot or you have received an error message saying your WiFi network is not responding, try the following:
- Make sure you have enabled WiFi on your device. To do this, go to your device’s Settings > WiFi and make sure it’s turned ON.
- If possible, move closer to the hotspot. If you’re roaming, try moving around to get a better signal.
- Connect to a different Skype WiFi supported network. To do so:
- Start the Skype WiFi app.
- Tap the settings icon .
- Tap Supported Networks and you’ll see a list of Skype WiFi supported networks in your country.
- Choose a different supported network.
- Go to your device’s Home screen and tap Settings > WiFi.
- Look for the new Skype WiFi supported network and connect to it.
- Go back to the Skype WiFi app and you’ll see a message Skype WiFi is available here and the price to connect per-minute.
- Tap Connect.
If you still can’t connect to a Skype WiFi hotspot, you can contact Skype Customer Service.