What version of Skype for Android am I using?
Skype for Android is currently available in more versions. They generally offer the same functionality but their user interface and navigation in the application differ.
Learn how to get Skype on your Android device.
Depending on your Android device, you can use one of the following versions of Skype:
- Skype 4 for Android phones – For devices running Android 2.3 and newer. It uses the modern user interface.
- Skype for tablets – It uses both the Classic view, identical to Skype for Android phones (by default on 7-inch screen tablets), and the modern Tablet view (by default on tablets with a larger screen).
To find out what version of Skype for Android you’re using:
- In your phone’s or tablet’s settings, tap Applications (or Apps).
- Select All, then tap Skype.
- You can see the Skype version number displayed below the application’s name.
Based on the application’s version, Skype’s main screen differs as shown below.
Skype 4 for Android phones:
Skype for Android tablets: