This article is also available for:
How do I send and receive video messages in Skype 4 for Android?
With Skype for Android, you can now keep in touch with your friends in even more ways, by sending them video messages. You can record a short video, edit it if you want and send it to your contacts.
The following questions and answers will help you set up video messaging in your Skype 4 for Android:
- What do I need to send video messages?
- How do I record and send video messages?
- Can I send a video message to a friend who is offline?
- How do I view received video messages?
- How do I delete my video messages?
To send video messages, you need to be running Skype 4 for Android on a smartphone with a camera.
Recording video messages with Skype 4 for Android phones is easy:
- Sign in to Skype.
- Tap People and select the contact you’d like to send a video message to.
- Tap the plus icon .
In the pop up window, select Video message.
The record screen appears. To start recording, tap the record button .When you start recording your video message, the button will turn white . Simply tap it again to stop recording.
You can record up to three minutes of video.
Once recorded, the following screen showing the length of your video will appear:
b) If you’re happy with the video message, tap the Send button
c) If you’d like to record your message again, tap the cancel icon , then select Re-record or Cancel video message.
- When you send your video message, it will appear in the chat screen. To view the video message in the chat screen, tap the play icon.
Yes, just follow the steps described above. When your contact signs in to Skype, your video message will appear in their recent conversations.
You can find all the video messages you received in Recent. Tap on the conversation marked as a received video message. A chat window will open. Tap the video message thumbnail to play it.
You can’t delete the video messages you’ve already sent or received. You can only cancel the video messages you’ve recorded before sending them.