Yes, you can easily reach your colleagues, business partners or customers who are using Skype for Business, Microsoft’s communication platform designed for the corporate world.
To connect with people who are using Skype for Business, you will need:
- The latest version of Skype.
- Your Skype account to be linked to a Microsoft account. You can see if your account is linked to a Microsoft account in your account settings. If it isn’t, find out how to link your accounts.
- The email address of the Skype for Business user you wish to contact.
To add a new contact:
- In Skype, click search and enter the email address of the person you want to add.
- Click Search Skype.
- Select your friend from the search results and click Add to Contacts.
When they have accepted your request, they will appear in your contact list as a Skype for Business contact, and you can:
- Make voice and video calls to them.*
- Instant message with them.
- See their online status.
*Video calling to Skype for Business contacts is currently only supported in Skype for Windows desktop; video calling in Skype for Mac is coming soon.
If your Skype for Business contact is offline, you can call them on their mobile or landline with a little Skype Credit or a subscription.