This article is also available for:
Sending instant messages with Skype 4 for BlackBerry 10
- Sending an instant message
- Instant messaging your Messenger buddies
- Editing instant messages
- Finding recent instant messages
- Sending a group instant message
Instant messaging is free on Skype 4 for BlackBerry 10, just like it is on your computer. To send an instant message:
- Start Skype.
- Go to People.
- Select a contact and enter your message in the text field.
- To send your message, tap the send button.
To add emoticons to your instant messages, simply tap the emoticon icon and select the one you’d like to send.
If you want to send a file, tap the plus icon and tap Send files.
To edit or remove your instant messages, just tap and hold the message and select Edit message or Remove message. These options are not available in older conversations.
Learn more about sending and receiving files with Skype 4 for BlackBerry 10.
With Skype 4 for BlackBerry 10, it’s now possible to sign in to Skype with your Microsoft account and instant message your Messenger buddies from Skype, just like you would your Skype contacts. When you sign in to Skype with your Microsoft account, all your Messenger buddies appear in your contact list automatically.
If your Messenger buddies upgrade to Skype, you’ll be able to reach them even more easily and you will enjoy all the great Skype features together.
You have to be in an active conversation to be able to perform the following actions:
To edit an instant message:
- Tap and hold the message you’d like to edit.
- Select Edit message.
- A text field with the message opens. Edit it and tap the confirmation button to confirm.
To copy an instant message:
- Tap and hold the message you’d like to copy.
- Select Copy message.
- The message is copied to your phone’s clipboard and can be pasted to another IM conversation or a different application.
To quote an instant message:
- Tap and hold the message you’d like to quote.
- Select Quote message.
- The message with the timestamp and author’s name appears in the text field.
- Tap the text field to edit the message if needed, then tap the send button .
To delete an instant message:
- Tap and hold the message you’d like to delete.
- Select Remove message.
- Tap Yes.
If you close an instant message conversation and someone sends you a message, you’ll find it under Recent along with your instant message history.
Your instant messages are listed in chronological order. Unread messages are highlighted in orange.
To view an instant message, simply tap it.
- Start Skype.
- Tap the message icon .
- Enter the name of a contact or tap the contacts icon to select a person from your contact list.
- Add all the contacts you want to have in the conversation, then tap the blue tick sign.
- Enter your message in the text field and tap the send button . Your message will be delivered to all the participants of the conversation if they are online.
Alternatively, you can add people to an ongoing conversation by tapping the add people icon .
If you leave a group conversation, you can find and rejoin it from the Recent.