Why can't I use Group Chat?
We're always making improvements to Skype, bringing you the best call quality, performance, and new features, like our cloud-based group chat system. Update to the latest version of Skype to enjoy all the new features.
To be able to use the new cloud-based group chat experience, you need to have one of these latest versions of Skype installed:
- Skype for Windows Desktop 6.11 and above
- Skype for Mac 6.11 and above
- Skype for iOS 4.15 and above
- Skype for Windows Phone 8 version 2.13 and above
- Skype for Android 4.5 and above
- Skype for Xbox 1.2 and above
- Skype for Kindle Fire OS
- Skype for Blackberry 10
- Skype for Linux 4.3 and above (limited features)
If you're unable to update to the latest version of Skype or you're on a platform that is not supported, you won't be able to use cloud-based group chat. If you wish to continue participating in group chats, you can sign into Skype for Web.
Learn more about the new cloud-based Group Chat experience.