You can temporarily stop IM notifications for any particularly active chat by muting the chat feature.
To use mute chat, simply go into the chat you want to mute, tap the settings icon at the top right corner of the screen, and select Mute Chat.
Note: You can also temporarily suspend all notifications, not just those from Skype, by using Apple’s Do Not Disturb feature.
Disabling Skype notifications on iOS
If you’d like to remain signed in to Skype, but do not want notifications for new chat messages or calls, you can easily turn off notifications on your iPhone or iPad:
- From the iPhone/iPad home screen, tap the Settings icon.
- Tap Notification Center.
- In the Notification Center, scroll down until you find Skype and tap it.
- In Skype, tap the icon for None under Alert Style.
If you'd like to turn the notifications back on, simply go back into the Skype settings in the Notification Center and tap Banners.
Signing out of Skype
Notifications will also stop when you sign out. Make sure you have an active Internet connection when you sign out, or you might still receive notifications.
To sign out of Skype before closing the app:
- In Skype, tap the Profile tab at the bottom of the screen.
- In the Profile screen, tap the Sign Out icon in the top-right corner.
- Click Sign Out.