If you have a device such as an older TV, hardware phone, Blu-Ray player, or Logitech TV Cam HD, you might have trouble signing in with your Microsoft account (there doesn't seem to be an option to sign in with it).
If you're new to Skype...
If you haven't used Skype yet, simply go to our sign-up page and follow the instructions on the site. When you're done, you'll have a Microsoft account (for signing into your computer or mobile device) and a Skype Name (for signing into your older device).
If you're already a Skype user...
If you usually sign into Skype with your Microsoft account, you can still sign in to your older device; you'll just need to take a couple of extra steps first.
- Navigate to Skype.com on your computer.
- Sign in using your Microsoft account.
- Click Account Settings under My Account.
- Under TV and Home Phone, click Set Up.
- You will see your assigned Skype name, which is the name you will use to sign into your older device.
- Create a password for the Skype name (which you will also need to sign into your older device).
You can now sign into your older device using your Skype Name and password. You should still sign into Skype on your computer or mobile device with your Microsoft account and password.