How do I create a Skype account?
If you don’t have a Skype account yet, it’s easy to get started.
- Download and install Skype if you haven’t already done so.
- Start Skype and click Create an account (or go directly to the Create an account page).
The ‘Create an account or sign in’ page opens in your web browser.
- If you have a Microsoft account, click Microsoft account to sign in with that. If you would rather create a Skype account, continue to step 4.
- Enter your details on the page:
- Use a valid email address. You’ll need it to sign in. We also use it to send you important information about Skype and any purchases you make.
- Choose a Skype Name. It must be between 6 and 32 characters, start with a letter and can contain only letters, numbers, full stops, commas, dashes and underscores.
- Choose a password. It must be between 6 and 20 characters, contain at least one letter and one number, and is case-sensitive.
You’ve now created a Skype account.
Need help getting started with Skype? Check out our series of short video guides for all the essential things you’ll want to do with Skype.