If a contact has saved a phone number in their profile, or if you've added their phone number, it's really easy to call them. You can call from your contact list or from the dial pad.
To call a phone from your contact list:
- In Skype, click Contacts.
- Select the person you want to call. You'll see their details in the main window.
- Hover your mouse over the blue Call button in the top right. If there's a phone number saved for that contact, a drop-down arrow will appear. Click the arrow and select the number you want to call.
If the contact you want to call has not added their number, you can add it to their profile. Click the contact's photo to bring up their profile, and click Add number.
Select the type of number from the drop-down (Mobile, Home, Office or Other), choose the country code, type the phone number and click the tick to save.
To call a contact from the dial pad:
- Click the dial pad button to show the dial pad.
- Start typing your contact's name. A list of matching contacts is displayed.
- Select the contact you want to call and click the blue Call button .