How do I change my caller identification settings?
To change your caller identification settings:
- Sign in to your account.
- In the Manage features section, click Caller ID.
- To turn Caller ID on or off, use the toggle at the left side of the screen.
- To change your Caller ID number, click Edit next to your number.
To change your caller identification to a previously used Skype Number or mobile number, select the number that you require from the drop-down list displayed and click Save Settings.
If you want to use a new mobile number as your caller identification:
- Click enter a new number.
- Select your country from the drop-down list.
- Enter your mobile number in the text box and click Verify number.
- You will receive an SMS text message on your phone containing a confirmation code. Enter this code in the field displayed.
- Click Verify.
- If you entered the code correctly, you will see a confirmation message, and your Caller ID will be activated in 24 hours.
It may take up to 24 hours for your caller identification to be activated. You’ll receive an SMS text message confirming that caller identification is about to be activated.
If the caller identification doesn’t work it might be because it’s not available in your country or it’s not currently supported by the local telecommunication provider for the country you’re calling.
Learn more about the caller identification when using Skype.