Refunds are made using the same payment method used to make the initial purchase. Skype can't complete refunds if the original payment method is no longer available, for example your credit card expired, the PayPal account is closed, or where the payment method doesn't allow refunds.
Skype refunds can be given for:
- Subscriptions that haven't been used and haven't expired.
- Skype Credit that hasn't been used if the refund is requested within 14-days of purchase, (EU customers only).
- Technical issues that we determine to be Skype's fault.
- Fraudulent use if we determine your account was taken over by a third party.
- Charges made in error if you contact us within 90-days of purchase. We can't give refunds for charges that are more than 90-days old.
Outside of the 14-day period in the EU, refunds are at the discretion of Skype.
Note: If you made an in-app purchase of Skype Credit through iTunes, we're unable to provide a refund. You need to request a refund from Apple.
How do I get a Skype refund?
Need to chat with an agent about your refund?
- Use this link to sign into your Skype account profile page.
- From your purchase history, select the order you want a refund for. If you're eligible for a refund, you'll have the Refund button.
- Select the Refund button.
- Select the Confirm Refund button and we'll automatically issue a refund to the same payment method used to make the purchase.
Start a live chat
with customer service now. Before chatting, you may need to sign into Skype if you aren't already. Make sure to allow the pop-up - it's our live chat window.
No. We can't refund you for our paid products when they've been used. As defined by Skype's refund policy, the nature of a Skype Number means that you use it to receive calls from the moment it's purchased; therefore, no refund can be made for Skype Numbers.
No. We can only give you a refund for purchases you’ve made directly from Skype and will not refund:
- Purchases made through third party partners - you can contact the partner directly and they will decide whether to offer you a refund.
- Prepaid cards.
- Cash purchases using third party payment methods.
- Skype Credit allocated to a member’s personal Skype account by a Skype Manager administrator.
- Membership in the Skype Developer Program.
Get help with cancelling your subscription or cancelling Auto-recharge