How do I find a file I’ve been sent in Skype for Windows desktop?
You can find files that a contact has sent you in your conversation history with them. If you don’t keep your conversation history, or can’t remember who sent you a file, you can go directly to your received files.
Find a file in your conversation history
- In the Contact list, click the contact who sent you the file. Your conversation history with that contact is displayed.
- Scroll up through the history to find the file you were sent.
- Click the file to open it, or right-click and select Show in folder to open the folder where Skype saved the file.
Find a file in your received files folder
By default, files people send you on Skype are saved to your ‘My Skype Received Files’ folder. You can change this folder if you like.
To open My Skype Received Files:
- Press the Windows and R keys on your keyboard at the same time.
- Type %appdata%/Skype/My Skype Received Files into the Run window and click OK.
You can see all of the files you’ve received on Skype displayed in the folder.
Change where files are saved
You can change the location where files sent to you on Skype are saved. To do this:
- In Skype, click Tools > Options.
- Under IM Settings, click Show advanced options.
- Choose whether you want to select a location each time you receive a file, or save them all to the same folder.
- To change the folder that files are saved to, click Change folder, browse to the folder you want to use on your computer, and then click OK.
- Click Save.