Sending a group instant message in Skype for Windows RT
A group conversation allows you to send instant messages to two or more contacts simultaneously. You can do this by adding contacts to an existing conversation.
- Sign in to Skype.
- Click People.
- Click one of the contacts you want to have in your group instant message.
- Click the plus sign, then click add participants.
- Select the other contacts you want to have in your group instant message.
- As you add contacts to the group chat, they'll appear at the bottom of the screen. When you've added everyone you want, click add.
Important: If the chat window displays a message that a particular contact won’t be able to participate in the group chat until they upgrade Skype, please inform them by sending a separate 1-to-1 instant message to upgrade at Skype.com/updateme, or send them here for more information on cloud-based group chats.
- Type your message in the text field and press Enter. If they're not online, the instant message might still be delivered if you're both on cloud-enabled devices.
If you leave a group conversation, you can find and rejoin it from the Recent.