How can I use Cortana with Skype? (Windows Phone)
Cortana, the personal assistant on Windows Phone 8.1, currently only works with Skype on US-region devices. If your device is outside the US, and you wish to try it, you'll have to change your phone's region:
- Tap Settings on your Windows Phone.
- Change your Speech, Keyboard, and Language settings to English - United States.
If you have more than one language in the list, move English - United States to the top of the list, even if it says it's currently the default.
- Restart the phone.
- After the phone restarts, you should see the Cortana app in your list of installed apps. Open it and accept the terms and conditions.
- Open Skype and leave it open for at least 30 seconds (this will ensure Skype will integrate with Cortana).
Once Cortana is enabled, you can use the following commands:
- "Skype call [contact name]" will launch a Skype audio call to the contact you want.
- "Skype video call [contact name]" will launch a Skype video call to the contact you want.
- "Skype find [contact name]" will open a Skype IM conversation with the contact you want.