How to set up Skype Translator
Talking to people all over the world, in a different language, is now possible with Skype Translator in the updated Skype for Windows Desktop.
To set up Skype Translator:
- Select your contact.
- Select the Globe icon and turn Translator On.
- Select your contact's current language under their name, and from the drop down, choose the language for translation while instant messaging or to hear the translations while in a call.
- Wearing headphones is the best way to understand the translations while on a voice or video call.
- On a call, as you or your contact speaks, it will be translated in your headphones and the translations will also appear on your screen.
- Remember to speak clearly and wait for the translations to appear.