Why am I seeing new people in my contact list in Skype for Outlook.com?
When you use the newest version of Skype for Outlook.com, you will have the option to automatically add people from your address book who are also on Skype.
To turn this feature on:
- Click Contacts on the sidebar of the Skype plugin.
- Scroll down to the bottom of your contact list and click Add Friends. You will be prompted to add your phone number, if you haven't already done so.
- Click the address book you would like to add contacts from and we'll take you through the steps to add them.
- You will be prompted to sign in to the chosen address book to complete the process.
If you chose to automatically add friends, you might notice that when you visit your People list, you'll see suggested contacts that weren’t already in your Skype contact list. Note that this feature is being rolled out gradually, so don't worry if you don't see it right away.
These suggested contacts are people who are in your other address books who are also on Skype. Don't worry -- we didn't send invites to them, and you can remove them if you'd like by deleting individual contacts or turning the feature off in your Skype settings.
To turn this feature off:
- Click Settings on the sidebar of the Skype plugin.
- Click Contacts.
- Under How people find me, toggle the Automatically add friends option off.
When you tap a suggested contact in your People list, you might see a button to Connect on Skype. This is because we haven’t confirmed that you know one another, so you’ll need to send an invite before you can chat and call on Skype.
As you add contacts to your Outlook address book, you'll start to see those contacts suggested in Skype. However, if you block or remove these suggested contacts, Skype won't keep suggesting you add them.