Verifying my phone number to automatically add my friends in Skype for Mac
In Skype for Mac, we ask you to verify your phone number if you want to automatically add people from your address book who are also on Skype.
Skype will use this information to verify your contact details and allow others to find you on Skype. By verifying your contact details, we can help ensure that we're adding the right people when automatically adding friends.
To verify your number:
- Enter your phone number in the indicated field.
- Make sure you’ve selected the correct country for your number.
- Click the arrow button; we will send a verification PIN by SMS to the number you entered.
- Enter the code we sent to you by SMS.
- Skype will let you know when it's done:
- Skype will search your device's contacts for people you know who are already on Skype.
- If you have a Skype account, you'll be able to add your Mac address book to connect with friends:
If you have a Microsoft account, you'll be able to add your Google, Yahoo, LinkedIn, and Mac address book to connect with friends:
If you have problems verifying your phone number:
- You can try again later: Go to Skype > Preferences, then select Contacts and click Verified Contact Details. Click the plus sign: