For the times when words or emoticons just aren’t enough, you can express yourself with GIFs or Stickers in your instant messages.
To send a GIF or Sticker in an IM:
- Select the expression picker in the conversation box.
- Select the GIFs or Stickers button at the top of the expression picker window.
- Use the Search and then scroll to browse the options.
- You can also choose one of the category buttons at the bottom, and then scroll to browse each option.
- To preview a GIF or Sticker and send to the chat:
- Mobile - Tap a GIF to preview it, then tap the Send button. For Stickers, a preview is displayed as you browse. Tap on a Sticker to send.
- Desktop - Hover over a GIF or Sticker to preview it, then select it to send.
The GIFs and Stickers you can send depend on your location - some are only available in certain regions. However, you can receive any from your friends wherever you are in the world.
Note: GIFs and Stickers are not supported in Skype on Android 4.0.4 - 5.1.