How do I port my Skype Number to another company?
If you want to port your Skype Number, contact your new provider directly to initiate this. If you are porting your Skype Number from France or Mexico, follow these steps.
Contact the Voxbone toll free number at +33805080975 to obtain the associated RIO (Relevé d'identité opérateur) code. You’ll need to give this to your new provider to initiate porting.
- Log into Skype from your computer or mobile device. Ensure you use the Skype account associated with the Skype Number you want to port.
- Dial +52051051 from Skype.
- You will be asked to enter the Skype Number you want to port out. Enter your 10 digit Skype Number (e.g. 55-8400-1234).
- If you have multiple Skype Numbers associated to your Skype account, only enter the one you want to port. If you want to port more than one number, you’ll need to repeat this process for each number.
- After successfully validating that the Skype Number entered is associated to the Skype account that initiated the call, you will be connected to the Administrador de la Base de Datos (ABD) porting system. This system will identify the Skype Number to be ported.
- The ABD system will call this number within 5 minutes. Make sure you are available to take this call on Skype.
- Once you answer the call, the system will provide you with a 4-digit PIN that you need to present to the new company to initiate the porting of your Skype Number.
- If the call is not answered, the system will try again in another 5 minutes. If you don’t answer this second attempt, you need to restart the process.