The Skype contact is a built-in certified Skype bot that will provide you with tips, updates and news about Skype and other Microsoft products and services.
How does it work?
The Skype bot is just like a normal contact. You can customize the notification settings for the contact as you normally would from your device. You can even delete or block the contact. Be aware that if you block the Skype bot, you won't be able to add it back. We suggest you keep it around so you can continue to receive tips, news and updates from Skype and other Microsoft products and services.
If you're new to Skype, the Skype bot is automatically added to your contacts. We're rolling out this feature to our existing users too, so stay tuned!
How do I know it's the real deal?
There are a few ways you'll know this is the official certified Skype bot:
- It will be automatically added to your contacts – you won't be asked to add it.
- Normal avatars are round. The Skype bot's avatar is hexagon-shaped.
- You will see a blue tick mark next to the contact name.
- The profile of the Skype bot will say Skype Certified.
- It may show up as 28:concierge in your contact list.