How do I call someone in Skype for Web?
You can make a voice or video call to anyone on Skype, anywhere in the world, for free. Simply find your family, friends and colleagues who are using Skype and add them to your contact list. When you’ve added them, it’s easy to make a call.
To make a Skype call:
- In Skype for Web, click Contacts.
- Find the person you want to call from your contact list. If you have lots of contacts, you can type a name in the search box to find the contact you’re looking for.
- Click the contact. You’ll see their details in the main window.
If the contact has one of these status icons displayed next to their name it means they’re on Skype and you can call them for free.
If you see this icon or one of these it means they’re on a mobile or landline so you’ll need a little Skype Credit or a subscription to call them.
If you see this it means that the person hasn’t yet accepted your contact request.
- Click the Call button to make a voice call, or the Video call button to make a video call.
The screen changes color and you’ll hear ringing until the other person answers.
- At the end of the call, click the End call button to hang up.
Invite anyone to your call
We've launched a new way to invite anyone to your call. You don't need to know their Skype name, and they don't even need to have a Skype account to enjoy free voice, video and instant message conversations with you. Learn more.
Useful things you can do on a call
If you have a webcam, turn your video on and off.
Mute your microphone so the other person can’t hear you.
End the call.