How do I call phones in Skype for Web?
Sometimes you need to call someone who's not on Skype or who is offline. You can call mobiles and landlines all over the world at low rates from Skype with a little Skype Credit or a monthly subscription.
If you are making a call for the first time, you will need to install the Skype web plugin before you start.
Once installed, you can then dial a number using the dial pad, or call a contact from your contact list.
Calling a number from the dial pad
- In Skype for Web, click Call.
The dial pad is displayed.
- If you're calling abroad, select the country you’re calling from the drop-down and then type the phone number, or click or tap the numbers on the dial pad.
- Click the blue Call button .
To call a number you've recently dialed:
- You'll see the last number or contact you dialed on the left side of the window.
- Click the contact.
- Choose the number you want to call, then click the blue Call button .
Calling a contact on their mobile or landline
If a contact has saved a phone number in their profile, or if you've added their phone number, it's really easy to call them. You can call from your contact list or from the dial pad.
To call a phone from your contact list:
- In Skype for Web, click Contacts.
- Select the person you want to call. You'll see their details in the main window.
- Click the blue Call button in the top right. If there's a phone number saved for that contact, a drop-down arrow will appear. Click the number you want to call.