You can sign in with a Skype name or a Microsoft account. If you don't have either of those yet, it's easy to create one.
Start Skype for Windows 10. You will be at the sign-in screen:
From here, you can create an account or sign in with your Skype name, email or phone number.
If you don't have an account for Skype or a Microsoft account, select Create a new account. We'll take you through the process to create a new account.
To sign in to Skype for Windows 10:
- Select Skype or Microsoft account.
- Enter your Skype name, email or phone number and select Next.
- Enter your password and select the blue arrow to sign in.
You're now signed in to Skype for Windows 10.
If you would like to sign in with a different account:
- Select your profile icon at the bottom left of your window.
- Select sign out. Skype for Windows 10 will sign you out and the app will close.
- Restart Skype for Windows 10 and when signing in again, select Use a different account.