How do I find my friends and add them as contacts in Skype Preview for Windows 10?
Skype is better with friends. Add some today – then you can start calling, messaging and sharing.
You can find your friends who are using Skype and add them as contacts, add mobile and landline numbers as contacts, and add Skype bots.
It's easy to find a friend and add them as a contact. You can search using a real name, but you’ll find it easier if you know their Skype Name or email address.
To find and add a new contact:
- Select the Search Skype box in the top left corner of the window.
- Type the name, Skype name or email address of the person you want to add.
- Select Search Skype.
- Select your friend from the search results and send a quick note to introduce yourself.
- When your friend accepts your request and responds to your message, they will appear in your contact list.
Not sure which one is the right contact?
If there’s more than one matching result and you’re not sure which one is your friend, right click on one and select View Profile. It's like their Skype business card which contains all the details they've added – like a photo, city, country or phone number.
To make it easier for your friends to add you, learn how to update your profile.
Adding phone numbers as contacts
Adding someone’s mobile or landline number as a Skype contact means you can call them easily even if they’re not on Skype. You’ll need a little Skype Credit or a subscription to call.
To add a mobile or landline contact:
- In Skype Preview, select the Contacts tab
- Select the Create a new phone number contact icon.
- Type a name, select the country from the drop-down and enter their phone number.
- Select Save. They will be saved to your contact list.
Now that you've added some contacts, you're ready to make your first call.
Learn more about managing your contacts.