When you use Skype for Windows Desktop, you will have the option to automatically add people from your address book who are also on Skype.
To turn this feature on:
- Select Contacts > Contact Lists > All.
- Scroll down to the bottom of your contact list and click Automatically find people in your address book. You will be prompted to add your phone number, if you haven't already done so.
- Click the address book you would like to add contacts from and we'll take you through the steps to add them.
- You will be prompted to sign in to the chosen address book to complete the process.
If you chose to automatically add friends, you might notice that when you visit your People list, you'll see suggested contacts that weren’t already in your Skype contact list.
These suggested contacts are people who are in your other address books who are also on Skype. Don't worry -- we didn't send invites to them, and you can remove them if you'd like by deleting individual contacts or turning the feature off in your Skype settings.
To turn this feature off:
- Click Skype > Privacy.
- Under Privacy settings, select How people find me.
- Uncheck your phone number or click on the Delete icon to remove it completely.
When you tap a suggested contact in your People list, you might see a button to Connect on Skype. This is because we haven’t confirmed that you know one another, so you’ll need to send an invite before you can chat and call on Skype.