Skype is fully integrated with Outlook.com and cannot be turned off. We have received customer feedback that people would like the ability to turn off Skype and we’re working on adding this feature – watch this space.
In the meantime, you can customize notification settings for incoming Skype calls and/or chat notifications in Outlook, turning notification toasts and sounds on or off.
- Select the Skype icon in Outlook.com, then select the Settings icon .
- Under Notifications, select from the following:
- Chat notifications switches toast notifications for instant messages on/off.
- Chat notification sounds switches notification sounds for instant messages on/off.
- Incoming call notification switches toast notifications for incoming calls on/off.
- Incoming call notification sounds switches notification sounds for incoming calls on/off.
Ready to learn more?
How do I turn off notifications in Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint or Word?