- Sign in to your Xbox Series X|S or Xbox One console.
- Go to My games & apps.
- Select the Skype app and sign in.
- Press the menu button and select Contacts.
- Select the contact you'd like to call.
- Press the X button on your controller to start either an audio or video call.
If you have Kinect, Skype will automatically default to video calls. If you don't have Kinect, you can still make audio calls with your headset.
Note: If you're having trouble making Skype calls, make sure you've allowed Skype to use your microphone and camera on your Xbox under Skype's settings where you can change the camera and microphone permissions.