Android, and iOS 126.96.36.199 begins rolling out December 3, 2018 and releases gradually over the next week.
You asked, we delivered
- Having a bad hair day? Choose if you want to answer a video call with your video camera.
- Poor connection getting you down? We’ve added the option to turn off incoming video when your connection is poor to help improve call performance.
- Never go unheard again. If you mute someone, or someone mutes you during a call, you’ll now receive a notification that “another participant muted your microphone." Learn more about what you can do during a call.
- Push notification order: Push notifications on iOS 12 will now be grouped by conversation instead of chronologically.
- You can now use OneDrive for sharing: Use OneDrive to share files and photos with your friends and family. From Chats, select the add in button, select OneDrive, select the file you want to send, and then select Send.
- New notification sound setting: Stop your device from playing a sound when you get a new Skype message. From your profile, select Settings > Notifications, and then toggle Notification sounds off or on. Learn more about managing notifications in Skype.
Upcoming cool stuff
Send feedbackGo to Known Issues
- Stay tuned for much more…
Previous release notes
Android, and iOS 188.8.131.52 begins rolling out November 12, 2018 and releases gradually over the next week.
- Easily share Skype contact details with others: From a chat, select the share contact button, select a contact to share, and then select send.
- Make Skype calls right from your address book: From your device address book, just tap the Skype button next to the person you want to call on Skype.
- Search directory improvements: We've refined our search results to better help you find the people you're looking for.
Android 184.108.40.206 and iOS 220.127.116.11 begins rolling out October 24, 2018 and releases gradually over the next week.
- Add a phone number as a contact: Easily add someone's phone number as a contact in Skype. Learn more.
iPhone 18.104.22.168, and iPad 22.214.171.124 begins rolling out October 10, 2018 and releases gradually over the next week.
- Accomplish more with Microsoft To-Do in Skype: Press and hold, or right-click on a message to create a task. Manage your To-Do's from your Add-ins.
Learn more about how to get stuff done with Microsoft To-Do.
- Video sharing: The length of videos that can be shared is now 1 minute.
- Choose where to open web links: Now, when you receive a web link from a contact, you can choose whether to open it in Skype, or your default web browser. Learn more.
Android and iPad 126.96.36.199 begins rolling out September 26, 2018 and releases gradually over the next week.
- URL previews: Enable or disable displaying URL previews in Skype chat from your settings. Tap your profile picture > Settings > Messaging > Display URL previews and toggle it on or off.
Android, and iOS 188.8.131.52 begins rolling out September 12, 2018 and releases gradually over the next week.
- Read receipts: See at a glance who's read your messages. Once someone reads your message, their avatar appears beneath it in your chat - so you can see how far they've read in the conversation.
Android, and iOS 184.108.40.206 begins rolling out August 27, 2018 and releases gradually over the next week.
- See which account you're signed in with: Have multiple Skype accounts? We've made it easier to identify which one you're signed in to. Tap your profile picture and both your Skype Name and the account you're signed in as will be displayed.
- Archive your conversations: Hide your conversations by archiving them.
- Stop unwanted calls: Unwanted calls from people you don't know can be a distraction. Now, you can avoid those distractions and choose to only allow calls from your contacts to ring.
- Cortana is now supported in English (United Kingdom), en-GB.
Android, and iOS 8.28.0..41 begins rolling out August 13, 2018 and releases gradually over the next week.
- Record your calls: Introducing cloud-based Skype call recording directly from the app.
- Color filters for photos: Use color filters to inject some charm into new or existing photos and delight your friends.
- Spotify: Music lovers can now search for songs, albums and artists, preview, play, and share music on Spotify! Just select the Add to chat button to get started.
- Skype Number: You can now manage your Skype Number right from your settings in the app.
Android 8.27.0..88, and iOS 220.127.116.11 begins rolling out August 9, 2018 and releases gradually over the next week.
- Introducing Private conversations: For those seeking extra encryption for your conversations, you can now keep the information you share confidential with end-to-end encrypted audio calls and messages using the industry standard Signal Protocol. Learn more about private conversations.
- Tabbed conversations: Maximize the way you experience Skype with the ability to quickly switch between multiple conversations with the same person.
Android 18.104.22.168 begins rolling out July 25, 2018 and releases gradually over the next week.
- New settings experience - Easier navigation to the settings you're looking for.
- Bluetooth improvements - Improved functionality with connected bluetooth devices.
Android 22.214.171.124 begins rolling out July 3, 2018, iOS 126.96.36.199 begins rolling out July 9, 2018, and releases gradually over the next week.
- General improvements and bug fixes.
Android and iOS 188.8.131.52 begins rolling out June 20, 2018, and releases gradually over the next week.
- Select multiple messages at once: Managing your messages is now much faster with the ability to select multiple messages at once to copy, forward, or delete them. To select multiple messages, tap and hold and tap Select Messages. (The option to delete multiple messages at once is only available for messages you sent to a conversation).
Android 184.108.40.206 begins rolling out June 6, 2018, and releases gradually over the next week.
- Easily access your contacts from the Dialpad.
Android 220.127.116.11 and iOS 18.104.22.168 begins rolling out May 21, 2018, and releases gradually over the next week.
- General improvements and bug fixes.
Android and iOS 22.214.171.124 begins rolling out May 9, 2018, and releases gradually over the next week.
- General improvements and bug fixes.
Android 126.96.36.199 begins rolling out April 11, 2018, and releases gradually over the next week.
- General updates and improvements.
Android and iOS 188.8.131.52 begins rolling out March 19, 2018, and releases gradually over the next week.
- General improvements and bug fixes.
Android 184.108.40.206 and iOS 220.127.116.11 begins rolling out March 5, 2018, and releases gradually over the next week.
- General improvements and bug fixes.
Android 18.104.22.168 and iOS 22.214.171.124 begins rolling out February 21, 2018, and releases gradually over the next week.
- Save those special moments forever: While on a Skype call, you can tap the Snapshot button to capture your Skype call moments and share it to your call and conversation.
- Calling international numbers: You can select a different country or region from the dialpad dropdown.
Android and iOS 126.96.36.199 begins rolling out February 5, 2018, and releases gradually over the next week.
- Send SMS text messages! You've been asking and now it's here, you can send text messages to your friends on Skype.
- Search results defined: We've made it easier to see where your search results are coming from; your existing contacts, messages in one-to-one and group chats, and potentially new contacts.
- Stop scrolling and get right to it. Now you can instantly jump to your most recent message within a chat. Just select the down chevron button next to the message window.
- Share files on Android: From your Add to chat button, tap the file button to share any files from your phone with your friends in chat.
- Improvements to iOS call handling: If you were having issues with your phone alarm causing calls to stop, hold, and resume, this has been fixed.
- Improved Android audio controls: Easily switch between your speaker, wired headset, or Bluetooth device.
- Purchase flow enhancements on iOS: Having trouble with a purchase? We fixed the issue.
- Accessibility performance improvements.
Android & iOS 188.8.131.52 begins rolling out January 10, 2018, and releases gradually over the next week.
- Notifications: We've added a new notification type. Toggle Tips & Tricks on to receive in-app notifications from Skype about features.
- Updates to Calling: Sending reactions and photos during a call has a new location in the Plus menu which is displayed while on your call.
Android & iOS 184.108.40.206 begins rolling out December 4, 2017, and releases gradually over the next week
- Share and share alike: A new, easier way to invite anyone to join your group conversation. To give it a try, select Share link to join group right at the top of your group profile.
- Call controls shortcut: When Skype is running in the background during a call, you can turn the call controls shortcut window on or off. Go to Settings > Calling > Toggle Show call window when Skype is in the background on or off.
- Call Quality Indicator: We've added a Call Quality Indicator that displays if there's a problem with your call, so you can check your connection speed in Skype.
- Quickly find more message reactions: We've added a right and left arrow button to messaging reactions, so you can easily find even more reactions to express your feelings.
- Camera not working during a video call: We've fixed the Skype camera issue with video calling.
Android 220.127.116.11 & iOS 18.104.22.168 begins rolling out November 6, 2017, and releases gradually over the next week.
- Photo effects: Once you take a photo, choose from a carousel of fun effects. Save or share the picture you created.
- Place calls on hold: Place a call on hold while taking another call.
Android & iOS 22.214.171.124.64295 begins rolling out October 23, 2017, and releases gradually over the next week.
- Presence changes you asked for: From your profile, set yourself to Active, Do not Disturb, or Invisible
- A new way to manage and control notifications: Learn how to set your Do Not Disturb presence, and manage notifications in the new Skype.
- Call a phone number right from your contacts profile. If your friend has a phone number saved, you can easily tap it to call them right from their profile.
- Quick microphone and camera permissions on iPhone: It's now easier to enable your microphone and camera permissions during a call with one tap.
- Cortana suggestions got a refresh: We heard the suggestions were a little large. We've updated the size to be a little more balanced.
Android & iOS 126.96.36.199630 begins rolling out October 9, 2017, and releases gradually over the next two weeks.
- Contact filtering made easy. You can easily filter your Skype contacts by All, Skype only contacts, and which of your contacts is Active Now on Skype.
Android & iOS 188.8.131.52578 begins rolling out September 26, 2017, and releases gradually over the next two weeks.
- Save phone numbers as contacts. Any phone number you've called can be added as a contact.
- Manage how people find you in Skype. Choose which phone numbers others can find you by on Skype.
- Manage bots easier. Use the new Delete option to remove bots from your chat list.
Android & iOS 184.108.40.206460 begins rolling out September 12, 2017, and releases gradually over the next two weeks.
- Quick Sign in. Quickly sign back into your app with one tap, after signing out.
- Contacts filter. Easily filter your contacts to show who is on Skype and who is not.
- Contacts number. Any phone numbers your contacts have listed will now show in your contact's profile.
- iOS crash issues. If you were having issues with your app, they should be fixed now.
- Unable to sign out on Android. You can sign out of your app on Android.
Android & iOS 220.127.116.11324 begins rolling out August 28, 2017, and releases gradually over the next two weeks.
- Ability to switch languages. Under settings you now have the freedom to change your app language. Learn more.
- Tired of calls answering in Speakerphone? Well it’s finally here, when answering calls with audio only your incoming calls should go to your earpiece first and not the speakerphone. While answering calls with video the call will then go to your speakerphone.
- Capture screen bug. Fixed a bug where when entering the capture screen the screen would just be black. Let us know if this issue continues.
- Contact list for voiceover. Made improvements to the contact list for voiceover. Should be clearer who is online and who is not.
Android & iOS 18.104.22.168426 and 22.214.171.124425 begins rolling out August 14, 2017, and releases gradually over the next two weeks.
- Set your Mood! Under settings you can now change your mood message letting everyone know how you feel. Learn more.
- Notification bug fixed. Missed a call because it didn't ring. We have made more improvements in this area. Let us know if you experience more notification issues.
- Presence voice over has been added, making it easier to find who is online.
- Coach marks have been added, giving an in-depth tour of the app.
- Blocked contacts bug fixed. Were you receiving calls from blocked contacts? We fixed the issue.
- Profile picture. You can now zoom and crop your picture!
- Chinese public/government calls. The ability to dial and call 3 or 7 digit numbers has been added.
- Contact bug fix. We fixed an issue where phone numbers were not showing up as a name even though it was in the address book.
- Chat history. Having trouble trying to find a certain date in a conversation? We added the floating banner with the date when you are scrolling, making it easier to find that exact date you are looking for.
- Top crashes. We are always focused on these, let us know if you encounter a problem!
- Avacadolove emoji is back!
Android & iOS 126.96.36.199670 and 188.8.131.52669 begins rolling out August 1, 2017, and releases gradually over the next two weeks.
- Online status is back!!! Due to MASSIVE popular demand, customers want to see when their friends and coworkers are currently active in Skype. It is super easy! Your green dot will automatically show when your status is Active Now. Learn more.
You can also filter your Chat List by Active, try the filter icon in the search box.
- Want to be invisible? ...turn off the new green dot. That was another popular request, so we added that too! From your profile, tap your status, and then select Invisible. Learn more.
- Dark theme. No need to describe this one. If you are one of the many who asked for it, you got it. Enjoy! Learn more.
- Monochromatic theme. was added for those who requested less gradients or a more professional color scheme. Learn more.
- Managing blocked contacts is much easier. From your profile, go to Settings > Contacts > Blocked contacts. Learn more.
- iOS share charm has been added, so you can share those important things with your friends and family.
- Notification bugs fixed. Missed a call because it didn’t ring? We’ve fixed one bug in this area, but let us know if you experience more notification issues.
- Top crashes. We are always focused on these, let us know if you hit a problem!
- Make phone calls more easily – You can now make phone calls to non-Skype users when you search for them in Skype. Just tap on their name in Search and select the Call option.
- Reduced squiggle lines in the Chat list. Based on feedback the lines were a little too distracting, we’ve reduced the use of them in UX.
- Setting icon got a refresh. We heard the icon looked like a sun, we updated the icon to look more like the traditional gear icon.
- Problem playing videos? People reported they could not play videos, we found a bug and fixed it.
Android & iOS 184.108.40.206850 and 220.127.116.11852 release July 19, 2017
- Chat bubble (message padding) has been reduced, it was huge! Smaller padding size allows you to view more of your message at once.
- Unread messages count on the home screen is now up and running so you don't miss those important chats.
- Xiaomi Mi5 Audio Issues have been fixed, all it took was some Skype magic.
- Android share charm has been added, so you can share those important things with your friends and family.
- iOS voice over for screen readers has been fixed, making it easier to compose your chats and review them before sending.
- Delete Skype contacts is here, but keep in mind you will only see this option if they are not in your synced mobile device address book as well.