Release Notes for the new Skype on Mobile
Android 126.96.36.199 & iOS 188.8.131.52 begins rolling out November 6, 2017, and releases gradually over the next week.
You asked, we delivered
- Photo effects: Once you take a photo, choose from a carousel of fun effects. Save or share the picture you created.
- Place calls on hold: Place a call on hold while taking another call.
Upcoming cool stuff
Send feedbackGo to Known Issues
- Stay tuned for much more…
Android & iOS 184.108.40.206.64295 begins rolling out October 23, 2017, and releases gradually over the next week.
Previous release notes
Android & iOS 220.127.116.11630 begins rolling out October 9, 2017, and releases gradually over the next two weeks.
- Presence changes you asked for: From your profile, set yourself to Active, Do not Disturb, or Invisible
- A new way to manage and control notifications: Learn how to set your Do Not Disturb presence, and manage notifications in the new Skype.
- Call a phone number right from your contacts profile. If your friend has a phone number saved, you can easily tap it to call them right from their profile.
- Quick microphone and camera permissions on iPhone: It's now easier to enable your microphone and camera permissions during a call with one tap.
- Cortana suggestions got a refresh: We heard the suggestions were a little large. We've updated the size to be a little more balanced.
Android & iOS 18.104.22.168578 begins rolling out September 26, 2017, and releases gradually over the next two weeks.
- Contact filtering made easy. You can easily filter your Skype contacts by All, Skype only contacts, and which of your contacts is Active Now on Skype.
- Save phone numbers as contacts. Any phone number you've called can be added as a contact.
- Manage how people find you in Skype. Choose which phone numbers others can find you by on Skype.
- Manage bots easier. Use the new Delete option to remove bots from your chat list.
Android & iOS 22.214.171.124460 begins rolling out September 12, 2017, and releases gradually over the next two weeks.
- Quick Sign in. Quickly sign back into your app with one tap, after signing out.
- Contacts filter. Easily filter your contacts to show who is on Skype and who is not.
- Contacts number. Any phone numbers your contacts have listed will now show in your contact's profile.
- Highlight notification. Receive push notifications on your device when someone you follow posts a new highlight.
- iOS crash issues. If you were having issues with your app, they should be fixed now.
- Unable to sign out on Android. You can sign out of your app on Android.
Android & iOS 126.96.36.199324 begins rolling out August 28, 2017, and releases gradually over the next two weeks.
- Ability to switch languages. Under settings you now have the freedom to change your app language. Learn more.
- Tired of calls answering in Speakerphone? Well it’s finally here, when answering calls with audio only your incoming calls should go to your earpiece first and not the speakerphone. While answering calls with video the call will then go to your speakerphone.
- Highlights notifications. Now when one of your friends sends you a direct message to one of your Highlights, you will receive a notification.
- Capture screen bug. Fixed a bug where when entering the capture screen the screen would just be black. Let us know if this issue continues.
- Contact list for voiceover. Made improvements to the contact list for voiceover. Should be clearer who is online and who is not.
- Panoramic photos, can now be uploaded to Highlights.
Android & iOS 188.8.131.52426 and 184.108.40.206425 begins rolling out August 14, 2017, and releases gradually over the next two weeks.
- Set your Mood! Under settings you can now change your mood message letting everyone know how you feel. Learn more.
- Notification bug fixed. Missed a call because it didn't ring. We have made more improvements in this area. Let us know if you experience more notification issues.
- Presence voice over has been added, making it easier to find who is online.
- Coach marks have been added, giving an in-depth tour of the app.
- Blocked contacts bug fixed. Were you receiving calls from blocked contacts? We fixed the issue.
- Profile picture. You can now zoom and crop your picture!
- Chinese public/government calls. The ability to dial and call 3 or 7 digit numbers has been added.
- Contact bug fix. We fixed an issue where phone numbers were not showing up as a name even though it was in the address book.
- Chat history. Having trouble trying to find a certain date in a conversation? We added the floating banner with the date when you are scrolling, making it easier to find that exact date you are looking for.
- Top crashes. We are always focused on these, let us know if you encounter a problem!
- Highlights. Skype will no longer be prefetching highlights while battery saver mode is turned on.
- Avacadolove emoji is back!
Android & iOS 220.127.116.11670 and 18.104.22.168669 begins rolling out August 1, 2017, and releases gradually over the next two weeks.
- Online status is back!!! Due to MASSIVE popular demand, customers want to see when their friends and coworkers are currently active in Skype. It is super easy! Your green dot will automatically show when your status is Active Now. Learn more.
You can also filter your Chat List by Active, try the filter icon in the search box.
- Want to be invisible? ...turn off the new green dot. That was another popular request, so we added that too! Go to Settings > Privacy > turn off “Show my presence to others”. Learn more.
- Dark theme. No need to describe this one. If you are one of the many who asked for it, you got it. Enjoy! Learn more.
- Monochromatic theme. was added for those who requested less gradients or a more professional color scheme. Learn more.
- Managing blocked contacts is much easier. Go to Settings > Privacy > Manage blocked users. Learn more.
- iOS share charm has been added, so you can share those important things with your friends and family.
- Notification bugs fixed. Missed a call because it didn’t ring? We’ve fixed one bug in this area, but let us know if you experience more notification issues.
- Top crashes. We are always focused on these, let us know if you hit a problem!
- Make phone calls more easily – You can now make phone calls to non-Skype users when you search for them in Skype. Just tap on their name in Search and select the Call option.
- Reduced squiggle lines in the Chat list. Based on feedback the lines were a little too distracting, we’ve reduced the use of them in UX.
- Setting icon got a refresh. We heard the icon looked like a sun, we updated the icon to look more like the traditional gear icon.
- Problem playing videos? People reported they could not play videos, we found a bug and fixed it.
Android & iOS 22.214.171.124850 and 126.96.36.199852 release July 19, 2017
- Chat bubble (message padding) has been reduced, it was huge! Smaller padding size allows you to view more of your message at once.
- Unread messages count on the home screen is now up and running so you don't miss those important chats.
- Xiaomi Mi5 Audio Issues have been fixed, all it took was some Skype magic.
- Android share charm has been added, so you can share those important things with your friends and family.
- iOS voice over for screen readers has been fixed, making it easier to compose your chats and review them before sending.
- Delete Skype contacts is here, but keep in mind you will only see this option if they are not in your synced mobile device address book as well.