Release Notes for Skype for Desktop, Mac and Linux
Windows Desktop, Mac and Linux 184.108.40.206 begins rolling out November 20, 2017, and releases gradually over the next two weeks.
You asked, we delivered
- Notifications. We've fixed the notifications issue. Thanks for your patience!
- Share and share alike: A new, easier way to invite anyone to join your group conversation. To give it a try, select Share link to join group right at the top of your group profile.
- Call Quality Indicator. We've added a Call Quality Indicator, so you can check your connection speed in Skype.
- Phone number search. We've made searching for your contact by their phone number easier. Now Skype will show search results as you type their phone number.
Upcoming cool stuff
Go to Known Issues
- Stay tuned for much more...
Windows Desktop, Mac and Linux 220.127.116.11 begins rolling out November 6, 2017, and releases gradually over the next two weeks.
- Call volumes. Now you can easily change to loudspeaker or adjust the volume while on a call.
- Call controls shortcut. When Skype is running in the background during a call, you can turn the call controls shortcut window on or off. Go to Settings > Calling > Toggle Show call window when Skype is in the background on or off.
Windows Desktop, Mac and Linux 18.104.22.168440 begins rolling out September 22, 2017, and releases gradually over the next two weeks.
- Fixed issues where your video wouldn't be seen. Certain hardware devices were having trouble previewing video for calls.
- Save phone numbers as contacts: Any phone numbers you've called can be added as a contact.
- Collapsible chat screen: Use the arrows > < to collapse or expand the Chats screen. Once collapsed, you'll see the updated message view with their online status and number of unread messages.
- Keep Skype running: Change your settings so that it keeps Skype running after closing the window.
- Use Keyboard shortcut to search: You can now open your Skype search by pressing CTRL + F.
- Manage how people find you in Skype: Choose which phone numbers others can find you by on Skype.
- Manage and remove bots easier: We've made it easier to manage your bots with the new Delete option.
- Send Skype logs: If needed, you can easily send Skype logs by going to Settings > Application Settings > Diagnostic Tools > Send Diagnostic Logs
Windows Desktop, Mac and Linux 22.214.171.124286 begins rolling out September 13, 2017, and releases gradually over the next two weeks.
- Contacts number: Any phone numbers your contacts have listed will now show in your contact's profile.
- Close account: Easily access it from your profile but we hate to see you go!
- Address book sync for Mac: Sync your Mac address book with Skype.
Windows Desktop & Mac 8.5 begins rolling out August 2017, and releases gradually over the next two weeks.
- Collapse the Chat List: We’ve added a button to let you manually collapse the chat list.
- Shrinking Chat header: As you navigate a conversation the chat header will tuck away to give you more of your messages to view.
- Gallery loads more content: We addressed some issues where older shared content didn’t show up in the Gallery.
- Make a test call: From Settings > Audio & Video Settings > you can now easily make a test call to ensure you are set up correctly.