Skype for Windows 10 follows the language set as default in your operating system's Language Preferences, which may differ from the Windows display language. Please note that when you go through these steps, other applications may be affected as well.
To use Skype for Windows 10 in a different language:
- Select the Start button, then the Settings gear.
- Select Region & Language settings, select the desired language and click on Set as default.
- It will appear as the first item in the list of languages:
- Restart Skype for Windows 10.
If the desired language is not already available in the list, you may add it by downloading a language pack:
- Select Region & Language settings, select Add a language.
- Navigate to the desired language and follow instructions to download the language pack.
- Learn more about the languages packs available for Windows 10.
- Learn more about the 64 available languages in Skype for Windows 10.
Note: After a new language pack is installed for Windows, it may not display until Skype for Windows 10 updates again.