There could be a few reasons why you might not be receiving notifications. Try these things:
- Notifications will stop when you sign out. Make sure you're signed in and connected to the internet.
- Verify that you haven't turned Skype notifications off from your device settings. Settings are managed differently depending on the device. If you’re not sure how to check your device settings, you may need to check the manufacturer’s website.
- Make sure you're using the latest version of Skype.
If you still aren't receiving notifications, follow the steps for your version of Skype.
Android (6.0+), Android tablet, iPhone and iPad
Make sure your Notifications for conversations mode is on. Also, make sure you haven't turned notifications off for a specific conversation.
- From the Chats tab, tap your profile picture,
- Tap Settings, and then tap Notifications.
- Toggle Chat notifications on.
Android 4.0.4 - 5.1
Make sure your Notifications are on.
- From the Chats screen, then tap the menu button.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll down to Notifications, and toggle them on.