Skype on desktop and mobile
React to messages you've received
Select the React to this message button next to an instant message you've received. A selection of available reactions will display. New reactions will be added frequently and may differ by region. Click the arrows (or swipe, on mobile) to choose from additional reactions available. Select the Customize your reactions button to add or remove reactions in your message reaction picker. Learn more about adding custom reactions using chat commands.
Selecting the emoticon will send it automatically.
Copy, Quote, Forward and Report a received message
Right-click or tap and hold the message you've received. From the menu, you can:
- Copy the message to be pasted in a conversation window.
- Quote the message in a conversation window. Learn how to quote with keyboard shortcuts in Skype for desktop.
- Forward the message to another contact. Learn how to forward with keyboard shortcuts in Skype for desktop.
- Add bookmark to save the message to your Bookmarks window. Learn how to use Bookmarks.
- Select Messages to choose messages to copy or forward.
- Mark the message as Unread from here.
- Report a concern about this conversation as spam or containing inappropriate material.
Skype on Android 4.0.4 - 5.1
Tap and hold on a message you received, and then tap a button from the top to...
- Quote your message in a conversation window.
- Forward your message to another conversation.
- Copy your message to paste in a conversation window.
- Mark the conversation as Unread from here.
- Tap the menu button and select Report if it is spam or inappropriate material.