You can block a contact to prevent them from calling you, sending you instant messages, and seeing your presence status in Skype. In addition to blocking a contact, you can also choose to report abuse. This notifies us of spammers, so we can stop them in the early stages of their activity.
Note: If you receive an unwanted call from an unknown phone number, you'll have the option to block the number right from the chat. Simply select the Block + the number link to block that number.
- In Skype, go to the chat where you need to report abuse.
- To report the message, image, or other item:
- On mobile - tap and hold on the item.
- On desktop - right click the item.
- Select Report a concern from the menu.
- In the Report this window, select the reason for reporting the item. You will also have the option to block this contact.
- Select Report again to confirm.
- In Skype, from the Chats or Contacts tab, right click or tap and hold on the contact you want to block and select View profile.
- Scroll to the bottom of their profile window and select Block contact.
Note: On desktop you can also select the Edit button then select Block contact.
- From the Block this contact? window, you can:
- Report abuse and then block the contact: Turn the toggle on for Report abuse from this person, select a reason, and then select Block.
- Block someone without reporting abuse: Select Block.
- Select Block again to confirm.
- Once the contact is blocked, they will be removed from your contact list.
Note: If you block someone who is in one of your groups, their messages will still be visible in that group. You will need to remove the participant from that group to stop receiving their messages. However, if it is a moderated group, you may not have permission to remove them.
Android 4.0.4 - 5.1
- In Skype, from the Contacts tab, tap and hold on the contact you want to block.
- Select Block contact.
- From the Block this person? window, you can:
- Report abuse from this person: Toggle Report abuse from this person on, select a reason, then select Block.
- Block without reporting abuse: Select Block.
- Once the contact is blocked, they will be removed from your chats and contact list.