To react to an instant message:
You can easily react to a message by clicking or tapping someone else's reaction to use the same one.
To choose your own reaction:
- Select the smiley face button next to a message you've received. A selection of available reactions will display.
Note: New reactions will be added frequently and may differ by region. You can also customize your reaction picker.
- Swipe left or right on mobile or click the arrows on desktop to choose from additional reactions.
- Selecting the emoticon will send it automatically.
Note: On mobile, you can quickly like a message by double-tapping it.
To customize your message reaction picker:
- Select the smiley face button next to the message you want to react to.
- Select the Customize Reactions button.
- Select the minus button next to any reactions you want to remove from your reaction picker.
- Select the plus button next to any reactions you want to add to your reaction picker.
- You can have up to sixty reactions in the reaction picker. New reactions will be added to the front of your reaction picker.
- You can select more emoticons from the various categories at the bottom of the Customize your reactions window.
- Select Done to save your customized reaction picker.
You can also add custom reactions using chat commands.