You can add or edit information in your Skype profile such as your location, email, or phone number to make it easier for friends to find you. If you prefer not to be included in the public search directory, then you can opt out. Opting out will make you unsearchable to anyone in Skype.
Android (6.0+), Android tablet, iPhone and iPad
- In the Chats tab, tap your profile picture.
- Tap Settings, then tap Contacts.
- Tap Privacy and then toggle Appear in search results off. You can make yourself discoverable again by toggling the option back on at any time.
Note: If you changed your visibility settings in a newer version of Skype, older versions may no longer accurately display whether you are opted out of Search. Please update to the latest version of Skype or go to your Skype Profile on the web to get the most accurate view of your Settings.
Android 4.0.4 - 5.1
- In the Chats screen, tap the Menu button.
- Tap My profile then tap the Edit button.
- Scroll down to the Settings and preferences drop down and select Edit profile.
- Select Profile settings and uncheck Appear in search results. You can make yourself discoverable again by checking this box back on at any time.