You can add or edit information in your Skype profile such as your location, email, or phone number to make it easier for friends to find you. If you prefer not to be included in the public search directory or in People You May Know suggestions, then you can opt out.
Android (6.0+), Android tablet, iPhone and iPad
- In the Chats tab, tap your profile picture.
- Tap Settings, then tap Contacts.
- Tap Privacy and then toggle Appear in search results or Appear in suggestions off. You can make yourself discoverable again by toggling these options back on at any time.
Note: If you changed your visibility settings on a newer version of Skype, older versions may no longer accurately display whether you are opted out of Search or People You May Know suggestions. Learn more. Please update to the latest version of Skype or go to your Skype Profile on the web to get the most accurate view of your Settings.
Android 4.0.4 - 5.1
- In the Chats screen, tap the Menu button.
- Tap My profile then tap the Edit button.
- Scroll down to the Settings and preferences drop down and select Edit profile.
- Select Profile settings and uncheck Appear in search results and Appear in suggestions. You can make yourself discoverable again by checking this box back on at any time.