The latest version of Skype is faster to load, more reliable than ever, and helps you get more done together with the people that matter most to you. It also includes features for a more personalized, interactive experience with your friends, family, and coworkers. A. Profile
– Access and personalize your settings. B. More
– Access your settings, help and feedback, or sign out of Skype. C. Chats
– Find your chats and favorites quickly. D. Calls
– Make one-to-one or group calls or use the Dialpad to call a mobile or landline. E. Contacts
– Find your contacts, view who's active, or invite people to Skype. F. Notifications
– Catch up on reactions, and @mentions, or jump right back into a conversation. G. Meet Now
– Instantly set up a collaboration space with friends and family, even if they're not on Skype. H. New Chat
– Start a new group chat, moderated group, one-to-one chat, private conversation, or new SMS. I. Sort Chats
– Sort your chats by time sent or unread messages.
Common questions about Skype
How do I send a message?
How to call, video call, call phone numbers and share my screen?
How do I manage my contacts?
My contacts, history and credits are completely missing after the upgrade
Double check to make sure that you are signed in to Skype with the same Skype credentials that you've previously used to sign into Skype.
Improvements available in the latest version of Skype
The latest version of Skype still does the things you expect. You can chat, call, and video call like you've always done in Skype. In addition, we’ve added a few improvements:
More joy in the journey
We want to make sure you’re able to deeply connect with the people who matter most. You can use these features help you stay in touch, have fun, and preserve memories through Skype:
- Rich calling activities – Share your screen to enrich your time together with friends, family, and coworkers.
- Call recording and Snapshots – Never miss a memory, important thought, or decision. Skype now lets you record calls and capture still Snapshots during calls.
- Reactions – Easily express how you’re feeling by reacting to messages in conversations or during video calls.
Do more together
Some of the capabilities in Skype can help you collaborate and coordinate with the people who matter most to you. We’ve also tried to supercharge Skype with new ways to stay on top of your conversations. You can use these features to get more done with Skype:
- @mentions – Easily grab someone’s attention in a group chat by typing the @ symbol followed by their name. This will trigger a notification to them.
- Notification panel – See all the reactions to your messages, @mentions in group conversations and if someone has quoted you in a centralized place. Click the bell button next to your contacts and chats to launch the notifications panel.
- Share photos, videos, and other files – Share up to 300 MB at a time by dragging and dropping files into a conversation or selecting the type of file you’d like to send near the chat text box.
- Chat media gallery – Looking for that link sent to you a few weeks ago? Quickly find shared content in the chat gallery. Click Gallery to see media, links, and files - you can even sort by type.
The latest versions of Skype give you more control when it comes to choosing how Skype is displayed and how you are represented to your contacts on Skype. You can use these features to personalize your Skype experience:
- Customizable themes – Choose a color and theme for your Skype client through your application settings.
- Flexible group calls– You can customize your group call experience and decide who appears in the main call view. Simply drag and drop contacts between the main call view and the overflow ribbon to select who you want to focus on.
We’re continually releasing updates to our application, based on customer feedback. Check out our What's New page for the latest updates.
As we continue to add improvements, we want your suggestions and ideas. Provide feedback so we can work together to deliver new features and needs that you love.