Read receipts are available in Skype on Android (6.0+), Android tablet, iPhone, iPad, desktop and Web
. What are read receipts in Skype?
Read receipts show you exactly who has read your message in real-time. You'll see a miniature version of your contacts' avatar right below the point in the conversation that they've read up to. Select one of the mini avatars to see a full summary of who's read the conversation.
Read receipts are enabled by default and available in one-to-one conversations, or in groups with less than twenty participants. Why don't I see read receipts?
If you have read receipts enabled and notice some missing, there are a few reasons why you might not see them.
- You won't see read receipts for any recipeint who has turned them off.
- If a recipient has their presence status set to invisible, read receipts are automatically turned off until they change their presence status.
- The recipient may be on a version of skype that doesn't support read receipts.
- You will not receive a read receipt if the recipient has blocked you.
How to turn read receipts off, or back on again:
- Select your profile picture.
- Select Settings.
- Select Messaging.
- Toggle Send read receipts off or on.