With Skype for content creators, you can collaborate, tell your story, and quickly share it with your audience - all without investing in expensive equipment!
Ready to start livestreaming to your engaged fans?
Skype for content creators works directly within NewTek NDI ®
enabled software, and is available in Skype (version 8) for Windows 7, 8, 8.1, Skype for Windows 10 (version 14), and Mac users. To enable Skype content creators mode before or during a call:
- Select your profile picture, and then select Settings.
- Select Calling, and then select Advanced.
- Toggle Allow NDI usage on or off.
How do I use NDI on Skype for Windows 10 (version 14)?
FAQ and known issues with Skype for content creators
When using NDI on Skype for Windows 10 (version 14), the NDI application will need to be running on a separate machine than Skype for Windows 10 (version 14) on the same network. Why is my video frozen?
When your video feed ends, it may appear as is your video is frozen. It's not frozen - the final frame is just retained, and that's what is sent out over NDI. I enabled Skype content creators mode, why does it keep turning off?
There are a couple reasons why Skype content creators mode may turn off after you've enabled it:
How do I get NDI streams into OBS?
- If you turn Skype content creators mode off during a call, the setting will remain off the next time you use the feature.
OBS requires that you download an additional plug-in
to utilize an NDI source. How do I stop the NDI feeds from changing sizes in OBS?
The Skype NDI automatically changes resolution based upon the network bandwidth that's available.
To keep a consistent size in OBS:
- Right-click the NDI source, and then select Transform
- Select Edit Transform.
- Change the Bounding Box Type to Scale inner bounds.