Adding your friends and family in Skype by saving their phone numbers makes it easy to stay in touch across all your devices. You can add a phone number as a contact in Skype version 8 on Android (6.0+), Android tablet, iPhone, iPad, and desktop, and in Skype for Windows 10 (version 14).
There are two ways to add a phone number as a contact:
- From the Contacts tab
- Select the New Contact button.
- Select the Add a phone number button
- Enter the contacts name and phone number, and then select the Save button.
- From the Dialpad
- Select the Dialpad button.
- Enter a phone number, and then select Save phone number.
- Enter the contacts name, and then select the Save button.
Saved contacts appear in your contact list. You can call, or send them SMS text messages as long as you have a little Skype credit