You can share your screen during an audio or video call in Skype.
How do I start screen sharing during my Skype call?
Verify you're on the latest version of Skype, then start screen sharing during your call:
- on desktop and web - Select the screen sharing button (screen sharing with Skype for Web is available in the new Microsoft Edge and Chrome).
- If you're using Windows, you will also have the option to share sound from your computer.
- If you're using Skype for Mac on macOS 10.15 (Catalina), Skype requires access to Screen recording in the Mac System Preferences to share your screen during a call. You will either get a Skype notification directing you to Settings, or you will need to grant Skype access for Screen Recording in macOS Catalina System Preferences. Please go to Mac System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Screen Recording, and grant access to Skype.
- on Android - Tap the more button then the screen sharing button.
- on iPhone and iPad - Tap the more button then the screen sharing button. In the confirmation window, select Skype then Start Broadcasting.
Select the screen sharing button again to stop sharing.
Note: If you don't have the option available, please check the following feature requirements.
Which mobile and tablet devices support screen sharing in Skype?
Screen sharing is supported on Android 6.0 and above. For iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch with iOS 12 and above, this is supported on iPhone 6s, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 2019, iPod Touch 7th generation, and newer devices.
What version of Microsoft Edge and Chrome supports screen sharing in Skype for Web?
- The new Microsoft Edge based on Chromium.
- Chrome version 72 and above. Learn more about how to check your version of Chrome.
Why did the video stop while screen sharing in Skype for Web on Chrome?
Chrome only allows one output at a time, so when you start screen sharing, your video call will change to an audio call. When you are finished screen sharing you can turn your video back on.
Why don't I have the option to share my screen in Skype?
To use screen sharing, you'll need to have the latest version of Skype.
What bandwidth is required for screen sharing in Skype?
The bandwidth requirements for using screen sharing in Skype is the same as when you make a video call in Skype. Learn more.