This article is also available for:
Skype for WindowsSkype for Mobile
This article is for people with visual impairments who use a screen reader program with Skype and is part of the Skype Accessibility content set. For more general help, visit Skype Support home.
Use your keyboard and VoiceOver, the built-in macOS screen reader, to buy Skype Credit.
Skype Credit is an easy way to pay for Skype features that aren't free. You can use it to make calls to mobile phones and landlines, and send SMS text messages. You can also use your Skype Credit to purchase Skype products such as subscriptions and Skype Numbers.
When your Skype Credit runs out, you can simply purchase more, without committing to a monthly subscription. The information provided in this article is for use with the latest version of Skype. For more information, please go to How do I update Skype?
Buy Skype Credit
- In the Skype main view, press Command+2. The dial pad opens.
- Press the Tab key until you hear "Skype to Phone," and then press Return.
- The Skype to Phone page opens. VoiceOver announces your current Skype Credit balance. Press Caps lock+Right arrow key repeatedly to move down on the page. You hear the available options.
- Note: If you've purchased Skype Credit before, you'll have the option to enable Auto-recharge and Add $5.00 Credit in addition to the recommended subscription options.
- When you hear the option you want, press the Tab key until you hear "Link, Proceed with Skype Credit purchase," and then press Return.
- If this is your first time purchasing a Skype product, the page for your billing details opens in your browser. Press the Tab key to move through the text fields in the form and type the required information.
- Once you're done, press the Tab key until you hear "Save," and then press Return.
- The Check your order and pay page opens. Press the Tab key until you hear the payment method you want, and then press Return.
- Press the Tab key to navigate the text fields for the selected method and type the required information.
- Once you're done, press the Tab key until you hear "Pay now," and then press Return.
Technical support for customers with disabilities
Microsoft wants to provide the best possible experience for all our customers. If you have a disability or questions related to accessibility, please contact the Microsoft Disability Answer Desk for technical assistance. The Disability Answer Desk support team is trained in using many popular assistive technologies and can offer assistance in English, Spanish, French, and American Sign Language. Please go to the Microsoft Disability Answer Desk site to find out the contact details for your region.
If you are a government, commercial, or enterprise user, please contact the enterprise Disability Answer Desk.