Moderated Groups are perfect for when you need more control over the members of a group; for example, a classroom or online presentation. You can use functions within Moderated Groups to modify user roles, ban users from a chat, and more.
How do I create a Moderated Group?
- In Chat, select New Chat.
- Select New Moderated Group or Chat.
- Give the group a name, then select the Next arrow.
- Choose your contacts to add to the group. You can also search for contacts at the top of the screen.
- Select Done to create your group when you're finished adding contacts. Your new Moderated Group will appear in your chats.
Note: In Moderated Groups, only Admins can start calls, including starting calls via the /golive chat command.
What can I do in a Moderated Group?
By default, you are the Moderator/Admin when you create a group, and the people you add to the group are Members/Users. You can use the available chat commands in Skype to promote Users to Admins (which will allow them to start calls), remove someone from the group, and more.
Note: Some chat commands are only available to Admins, and not all chat commands work in Moderated Groups.